Benefits of Breath of Fire:
- Releases toxins and deposits from the lungs, mucous linings, blood vessels, and other cells.
- Expands the lung capacity and increases vital strength. Strengthens the nervous system to resist stress.
- Repairs the balance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
- Strengthens the navel chakra. Increases physical endurance and prepares you to act effectively.
- Adjusts the subtle psycho-electromagnetic field of the aura so that the blood becomes energized.
- Reduces addictive impulses for drugs, smoking, and bad foods.
- Increases oxygen delivery to the brain, facilitating a focused, intelligent, and neutral state of mind.
- Boosts the immune system and may help prevent many diseases.
- Promotes synchronization of the biorhythms of the body’s systems.
Beginning a Practice of Breath of Fire
- Sit straight and place the hands in Prayer Pose.
- Close the eyelids 9/10ths.
- Roll the eyes up and concentrate at the Brow Point.
- Begin Breath of Fire for I-3 minutes.
- Then inhale and hold for 10 seconds.
- Relax. Stay still and place the hands on the knees in Gyan Mudra, palms up.
- Watch the natural flow of the breath and the constant stream of internal and external sensations.
- Continue for 3 minutes. Inhale deeply, exhale.
- Repeat this combination 3-5 times